Saturday, November 28, 2009

My voice hurts

So I've just uploaded my 2nd track for AG&CF. Barney asked me to do a solo track since there were a few dropouts. He also suggested I do something fast and loud, with electric guitars...I may have taken that advice a bit too far. I made a cheesy 80s metal song!

Anyways, I may have completely lost it at some point making this track, but I kinda really love it. My track is about Procrustes, the last robber Theseus killed on the way to Athens. Procrustes was a bit of a strange guy; he would invite people to his inn and tell them he had a perfect-sized bed for them. If they were too short for the bed, he would stretch them out, and if they were too tall, he would cut off part of their legs so that they fit nicely.

Apparently, Procrustes' nickname is "The Stretcher (Who Hammers Out The Metal)". This is also the title of my song, because I certainly hammer out the metal here.

Not only did this turn out pretty awesome, I actually went outside my box a bit on it...at least vocally! I honestly had no idea I could make some of these sounds. And I got to record my first evil laugh! It sort of hurts to speak now, but it was worth it.

Just hope it isn't too out of place! Hope the IML enjoys it. Play it loud! It sounds better.

1 comment:

  1. It's just not possible for something to sound out of place with the IML, I can assure you this sounds perfect. As sequencer of the album I've just got to decide at which stage in the album to unleash the thunder. It's also particularly heartening to hear that you've tried out something new with your throat and went outside your box. That's another thing we've been trying to do with this project, get people to do crazy stuff.

    ReplyDelete