Friday, November 27, 2009

Herculean effort


As our ancient (and some not so ancient) olympians hurtle towards the final curve of the virtual stadium of big top, I sit here in Cambridge and think, crikey. Here and there messages come in of people busting their tiny guts to squeeze some creative juice out for what will be, the obvious contender for the UK Christmas number 1. Having just updated the list of who's doing what it's looking like the end of game boss battle will see the following teams facing off against each other:

6 Greeks
6 Freaks (if you count the twins as 2)

and a few floaters yet to be defined.

I think we're in for a sonic battle. But how to sequence it? 6 tracks of Greek, 6 tracks of Freak? Mix them together? I haven't sequenced any of our albums yet so this is the part that I'm really looking forward to. Creatively I think it could be the hardest thing I've done for the Intercontinental Music Lab so far. I think to inspire me, I will listen to some Now That's What I Call Music albums (in the UK these are traditional compilations of various genres of music, typically marketed with artwork involving pigs, well they were last time I bought them).

No comments:

Post a Comment